So this was my second week of utilizing the Kroger Enhance program (it was $39 for your entire yr + I’ll get double fuel factors all yr — which is able to completely pay for itself after which some!)
I had two points this week:
1) The Kroger digital coupons wouldn’t work on their web site for awhile so I needed to wait to position my order till they began working. I actually needed to order on Friday (they provide 5x fuel factors on Fridays!) so I might get my order on Saturday… and I needed to wait an hour on Friday evening to get it to work. (Now, clearly, I didn’t simply sit there and wait. Nevertheless it was a little bit of an inconvenience to maintain checking till the digital coupons began displaying up and dealing!)
2) They gave me an excessive amount of peanut butter. Now, this may not look like an issue since we eat a lot of peanut butter. However, the peanut butter was on sale for $0.99 and the restrict was 5 jars. I’m fairly optimistic I solely ordered 5 jars. Nevertheless, I received my grocery order and there have been 7 jars + a jar of pure peanut butter. It’s not an enormous deal within the grand scheme of issues, however for the reason that restrict was 5 jars at $0.99, I paid full value for 2 jars. And I’m scratching my head questioning if I did, in truth, by accident add extra peanut butter to my cart or in the event that they made a mistake. I don’t need to ask for a refund for these two jars if the error was mine. I want there was a technique to confirm what I put within the cart, however I can’t work out if there may be (anybody know?)
These two points apart, I’m nonetheless an enormous fan of getting groceries delivered to my door for lower than $1/week and was very proud of all the pieces else I received. I used to be additionally tremendous happy with the standard of produce they picked out, too.
For those who missed final week’s put up, I shared extra in regards to the Kroger Enhance program proper right here.
How I Menu Plan
For those who’re new right here, I don’t do a inflexible meal plan most weeks; I often simply make certain we’ve sufficient available for 8-10 totally different dinners after which I plan that day what we’re having based mostly upon the time I’ve and what sounds good.
I do know that this technique doesn’t work for everybody, nevertheless it’s labored fairly effectively for this season. I additionally make certain to have back-up emergency dinner choices within the freezer (rooster nuggets/strips + frozen pizza) in order that if I simply don’t really feel like cooking in any respect or run out of time, we nonetheless have choices which are a lot cheaper than takeout.
In case you are the kind who wants a structured meal plan and you are feeling caught in a rut, try my 10 Weeks of Cash-Saving Menus for a few of our very favourite cheap and simple recipes — all completed for you, full with grocery lists! (And you can too obtain my FREE 60 Meals to Make As a substitute of Getting Takeout record for some nice last-minute dinner concepts.)
By way of Thursday night at midnight, we’ve my well-liked Slash Your Grocery Invoice e book on sale for simply $5! It’s often $17, so this can be a GREAT deal and it’s your final alternative to get it as we’re retiring it together with all of our older merchandise after Thursday. So it’s your final likelihood to get it — and to get it for the perfect value we’ve ever provided it for!
Within the Slash Your Grocery Invoice eBook, you’ll study:
- Easy methods to strategically plan a menu in simply minutes every week.
- A number of menu-planning strategies which have labored effectively for me.
- Easy methods to arrange a sensible grocery funds.
- Easy methods to use digital couponing apps.
- Easy methods to decide a grocery funds that may truly work for your loved ones.
- Easy methods to inventory your pantry on a restricted funds.
- DIY and home made combine concepts, short-cuts, and time-saving suggestions.
- Cheap and yummy snack concepts.
- Our favourite budget-friendly pantry meal concepts.
This eBook will encourage you and inspire you with real looking methods to save lots of on groceries!
This Sourdough Discard Waffle recipe is coming quickly! Keep tuned! We had it for dinner + breakfast final week!
Isn’t she lovely?? I’m having a lot enjoyable on this sourdough journey and continue to learn and enhancing so that each loaf is getting higher!
What We Ate This Previous Week
Sunday: Takeout for Kathrynne’s birthday (she needed to get The Cheesecake Manufacturing unit — yum!)
Monday: French Toast & Bacon and Raspberries (I shared a video of me making this right here and the way a lot each price.)
Tuesday: Leftovers (Silas had a basketball sport and the college fed them dinner and Kaitlynn received her personal dinner since she was at work, so Jesse and I and the youthful children simply ate up a lot of odds and ends.)
Wednesday: Fend-For-Your self evening (I went out to dinner with my youth group ladies/co-leaders.)
Thursday: Ham & Cheese Pockets and apples (Silas had a basketball sport and the college once more fed them dinner. This was a fantastic on-the-road meal for Jesse and the youthful children.)
Friday: GreenChef Meal (they despatched us a field unexpectedly since they needed me to assessment it for a podcast sponsorship they purchased later this yr)
Saturday: Sourdough Waffles (recipe coming quickly!) and Scrambled Eggs
What We Purchased at Kroger
I used to be excited for a rooster and cheese sale, as we undergo loads of that round right here!
I additionally was excited in regards to the blueberries and canned gadgets that had been on sale! And naturally the peanut butter for $0.99 (see word originally for extra on that).
And we purchased water bottles, La Croix, tomatoes, and avocados to deliver to Group Group for Taco Bowl evening.
My whole for all these groceries, together with tax, was: $143
The contents throughout the article have been provided by way of Newswire for Finencial.com, go to